The 2017-2018 X-country Season is over. Check back in next winter!
CURRENT CONDITIONS at TOP
TODAY: Course closed for season.
TOMORROW: Course closed for season.
TOP is pleased to offer 7 kilometers of trails groomed for nordic skating and classic flat-track skiing and a snowshoe trail from the parking area to the meadow. We hope all those who visit the park will appreciate it and help to preserve its pristine nature.
Guidelines for the Nordic Trails Program:
Please honor the request to pay a donation use fee. Donations are necessary for trail equipment maintenance, oil and gas. The donation box is at the trailhead. Season passes are available by calling 970-626-9788. $50 individual/$90 family donation. Season passes are fully tax deductible. Click PAY FEES button above
- No horses or dogs. The only tracks on the groomed trails are to be skiers and wild animals.
- TOP is surrounded by private property. Please stay on the designated trails to minimize impacts to the land and to avoid trespassing on private property.
- The trails are open from dawn till dusk.
- Vehicle access and parking is allowed only within the designated parking area at the trailhead. Do not drive up the Highland Drive roadway past the trail head parking lot.
- Skiers & snowshoers only; no mechanized vehicles of any kind (including ATV’s, snowmobiles, etc.) are allowed. Please do not walk on the ski trails. The footstep divots tend to freeze making it dangerous for skate skiing.
- A rustic warming hut is available – located upslope of the main pavilion building in the campground area. Please stay off and away from all structures other than the warming hut. Only use the stove and fireplace for fires. Kindling and cut firewood is located outside hut. No campfires or firearms. A stove is available for warming water, tea or coffee.
- Composting toilets are near the warming hut.
- No potable water is available on-site. You must bring your own water supply.
- There are no trash receptacles. Please pack out what you pack in.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- All persons entering the property do so at their own risk. It is understood that TOP, Inc. assumes no risk or liability for use of the facilities.
Trail User Safety
- Safety must always be a high priority. You may encounter obstacles, ice, bumps, branches, holes, wires, etc.
- Be prepared for rapid chages due to bad weather or other unexpected outing circumstances.
- Ski with a buddy. Keep your group together. Don’t let someone lag and become lost. Keep small children in sight.
- Be considerate of others and use common sense and caution. Yeild to uphill traffic.
- The trails are not patrolled. You are responsible for your own safety Use at your own risk. Leaving the trail can be extremely dangerous – Stay on trail!